Lawson Engineering Ltd (LEL) has an opportunity for a Senior Drafter – Civil Engineering Technologist in our Salmon Arm office. As LEL has offices in both Kamloops and Revelstoke, consideration may be made for the correct candidate to work in either Kamloops or Revelstoke.
At LEL we provide civil engineering and consulting services to provincial and local government, municipalities, and private sector clients throughout BC. LEL currently has a full-time staff of 17, including three (4) Professional Engineers, four (6) Engineers-in-Training, four (5) Applied Science Technologists, and two (2) administrative staff.
As a growing firm LEL expects the successful candidate will be a highly motivated, results oriented individual who is seeking opportunity for career growth. The successful candidate will have drafting experience in municipal infrastructure and land development related projects, preferably in the southern interior of British Columbia, and will possess a strong background working with municipalities, developers, and contractors.
As previously indicated, the successful candidate will work out of the Salmon Arm office however requested employment out of the Kamloops and Revelstoke Offices will be considered on an individual basis.
The roles of the successful candidate may include:
- Linear infrastructure design including water, sanitary, storm water management, roads and earthworks using AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Preparing engineering drawings for municipal infrastructure and land development projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Coordinating projects, drawings and support staff;
- Quantity take offs and cost estimating.
- Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Equivalent;
- Professional registration with ASTTBC or the ability to register.
Demonstrated Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in design and drafting of municipal infrastructure and private development projects utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (word and excel);
- Understanding of municipal infrastructure design principals and best practices including MMCD standards and specifications;
Value Added Skills
- MMCD Certified Contract Administrator (CAA) Certificate;
- Water and sanitary system mechanical drafting experience;
- IT experience as it relates to engineering design software;
LEL offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes additional vacation and company holidays, extended medical and dental and the opportunity for profit sharing bonuses.
If you believe you are the right candidate and are motivated to contribute to a growing professional company, please submit your cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time